Sunday, March 9, 2008

Grandma Morrison

Well, my pictures aren't loading, for some reason.

My Grandma Morrison past away on February 28th. She was 93. So we loaded up our family and Kimber and went to Utah. Her funeral was on Tuesday March 4th, which happened to be the same day as a VT conferance that I had been planning. What do you do? Well everything was pretty much planned and the Enrichment committee ladies were awsome and really did most everything, ( everything turned out great they told me, when we got back, and we had almost 50 women there and everyone had a good time, I was so glad that it all came together) I couldn't even think of not going to the funeral, so we went. I have really regretted not seeing her more often, when we get up Utah way, it seems like our time is so limited. I was glad that I went and my kids were there, eventhough they only met her once breifly at a reunion several years ago. During the funeral her Bishop spoke and said that Grandma was worried that she hadn't done enough and wasn't sure if she was ready to go. That really struck me, and gave me just a little more glimpse of the kind of person that she was, humble. Growing up we lived farther away then some of the other cousins, so I didn't get to see her as often. I do remember playing with her toys as a kid (first time I was introduced to Link n logs), her wonderful birthday cards and money, and the Christmas chocolates, which after a time she wasn't able to do it all. I still have the quilt that she made for me when I was a baby. I remember her as being quiet, calm and laid back. She has thirty something grandchildren and sixty something great grandchildren, what a legacy! It's amazing the family that can stem from two people. It was nice to see those cousins and aunts and uncles that I haven't seen in awhile.

We were only up there for three days, but also had fun getting together with my siblings and having cousins play. Thank you Heather and Anthony for letting us and all of our craziness come and stay with you!

I decided while we were up there that I absolutely had to take the oppurtunity to see Grandma Gardner. I hadn't seen her in years either. I'm so glad that I did, eventhough she didn't remember me and we had to go through the family tree, to explain who we were. She has a great sense of humor. I asked her what she liked to do during the day and she said that she liked to do just what she was doing when we got there, just sit and watch tv. She lives in an assisted living place and they have things for the residents to do, but she said that she doesn't like to do any of it, and "just wants people to leave her alone". It was really funny the way she said it. So I'm really glad that I went.

So we are back home now getting back into the swing of things. I will post pictures on here when I can get them uploaded.